Friday, August 5, 2011

Help with Mom!? How can I handle this!?

I am about to snap. For starters, she never listens. When I try to tell her about my day, how I am doing in golf, or what's going on in band, she never cares. When I do tell her things, it always ends either in a fight, a lecture, or her yelling to tell me she doesn't want to hear it right now. For Example, for our UIL competition in band I had to learn a new instrument, memorize new music, and perform it in as little as a month in a regional competition for band. I rocked it! Her response was "You did well." While my instructor did this, on all of the buses: "One person has saved our butts. Without her we would have gotten a 5 and our reputation would be over. There would really be no show, and I am so proud of her. MACI! (Applause) Thank you so much. You really saved us, I cannot thank you enough, thank you. (More Applause) You did awesome." Why coudn't my mom have at least been semi-excited and happy for me? As well, I HAVE been lying to her lately. She doesn't like what I do, or doesn't like what I am saying, so I have been making stuff up so I can get some approval. I just want approval! All I want is, a "You did awesome! I am so proud of you!" For punishment of lying, which I know I do deserve some, she took away my band trip. When she went to discuss the matter with my directors, they were all shocked. My main instructor had told Mom at how great of a student I was, I was a good listener, I was respectful, very charismatic, and pleasant. But my mother didn't like that, since she is convinced that I am a lying, backstabbing, sociopathic girl. She also said this: "Well Maci, has been hanging out with.....well Ashley (My best friend, who loves my mom dearly, calls my mom "Mommy" and always wants to come over, and Ashley's mom died in October) She is a boy toy." SHE CALLED HER A BOY TOY! SHE EVEN INSULTS HER! My mom never told me that part. When she came back, she told me about how Mr. Burum understands I will not be going, and that I have been lying, so now, she is telling my teachers, who I look up to about my mistakes. She left out so much, I just found out about what Mr. Burum had said about me, and Ash from Triston, my best guy friend who was in the changing/uniform room office outside where my Mom and Mr. Burum were talking. How can I handle this? She tells me not to lie, but this isn't the first time I have caught her either. As well, I am not allowed to have a cell phone, and I am not allowed to have any C's, which would be understandable, except I am in all honors classes, and she refuses to recognize that as well. I am so mad at her! I NEED HELP! How can I handle this maturaly?

No comments:

Post a Comment